Why does Curley's wife push Lennie about Curley?
Curley's wife somehow always finds where the men are and pokes he head in to look for Curley. She is really just looking at her options. Curley's wife found out about Curley's hand and I think she knows how it happened. She started by saying"'what happened to curly's han'?'"(78). This got all the men silent. The men spoke nervously and this is when I think she knew it was all a fib. I think she pieced together the parts when she saw all of Lennie's bruises and how big he is. She kind of confirmed what she thought when she said"'I'm glad you bust up Curley a bit" 81'" (81). She also states that he had it coming to him so this makes me think that she doesn't really love Curley. She is just using Curley for power among other people. I think that she might cheat on Curley with somebody she actually likes.
Does anyone else have a different reason why Curley's wife keeps pushing Lennie about Curley?
Does anyone else have a different reason why Curley's wife keeps pushing Lennie about Curley?
Comments
Post a Comment