Why do you think Candy regretted not killing his own dog?
Hello class of 2023! One of the things that I found most interesting in part 3 was how Candy regretted killing his own dog. In part 3 he said that he, '"oughtta of shot that dog (Candy's dog) myself (himself), George. I (Candy) shouldn't oughtta of let no stranger shoot my (Candy's) dog"'. I feel like this thought of Candy is like a moral issue. In other words, he feels like letting some random person shoot his own dog was a bad standard and belief that is not acceptable. Candy thinks he should killed his own dog if he had to because of his own moral belief. This is very significant to the story because this moral issue shows a type of theme that has a potential to appear later. It also shows how much of a strong and moral relationship, Candy had with his dog. This example, shows how brutal life was back in the 1800's, and how mentally strong workers had to be to survive in their atmosphere.
Comments
Post a Comment