Why did Lennie kill his dog?
Lennie was "'jus' playing' with him ... an' he made like he's gonna bite me ... an' I made like I was gonna smack him ... an' ... an' done it'" (87). Curley's Wife in response says that it was a mutt and didn't matter, they were going to kill the dog anyway. I think that Lennie is just an innocent man that has no clue of what to do. I feel bad for him he is so innocent but is not innocent he has killed a dog, and Curley's Wife. Neither of these were on purpose, they were both on accident. Lennie doesn't know what he is doing, he just does stuff on accident.
Great Job Jake! I also think that Lennie is just a Helpless man that doesn't know what he is doing all the time. He killed his dog because he was petting him too hard and too much. The only reason he killed Curley's Wife is because she started struggling to get away from Lennie. Then Lennie entered a state of shock and he just held on. He got too nervous and broke her neck. But I don't think Lennie cared for their lives. He just liked to pet nice and soft things. So I think he really just wanted to pet the dog. He didn't care for it he just wanted to pet it.
ReplyDeleteJake this is spot on, and you are right Lennie does not know his own strength that is why he broke there necks. Also he is an dumb and innocent that is why he is so shocked by the fact that he broke that dogs neck.
ReplyDelete