Why did Curley fight Lennie?
Why Curley Attacked Lennie
In part three in of mice and men Curley attacks Lennie and leaves him with many scratches and bruises on his face. The fight started when Curley was kind of playing around with Carlson in a mean way and Lennie laughed. the Curley said"what the heck are you laughing at", Lennie says nothing until Curley attacked him and hit him repeatedly. I think Curley did this because he doesn't like Lennie and he wants to seem like the tough guy, and he has to be the tough guy because he has a wife and nobody else does.
I agree, I do think Curley is trying to give himself a tough guy image, and that he doesn't like Lennie. He also could be short tempered or self conscious and thought Lennie was making fun of him. This blog is really good, but make sure to watch out for some grammatical errors.
ReplyDelete