Part 3~ Why does Curley pick a fight and attack Lennie?

I suspect that Curley fights Lennie because he thinks he can beat up Lennie since he is mentally challenged and appears slow. Leading up to the fight, Curley was upset because he accused Slim of being with his wife when Slim was not. Slim and Carlson made comments about Curley not being able to control his wife, and always looking for her. Then Candy joined in saying "Glove fulla Vaseline" Curley looks over at Lennie and sees him smiling because Lennie is still thinking of the rabbits in his ranch. Feeling attacked, Curley lashes out at Lennie and starts punching him.

Comments

  1. I agree. I think Curly is picking a fight with Lennie because he is mentally challenged, and he might seem easy to pick on. Curly might also fight Lennie because he doesn't want any competition with his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George I totally agree with you Lennie was not wanting to fight he was cowering and not fighting back. One of the big things that I noticed was the George was still telling Lennie what to do. George was saying get him. Then when Lennie was starting to beat Curley up George was saying to stop. Lennie is still listening to George even during a fight. Curley definitely was taking his anger out and and just doesn't like Lennie at all.
    Great post I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment