Will Slim befriend Lennie

George talks good about Lennie to Slim in part 3. He says nice things and say he is strong. Slim says back to George that Lennie's "a nice fella" (40).  Slim also says that lennie "ain't mean" ($41). After Slim hears the story about what Lennie did in Weed, I think he starts to understand that Lennie maybe mentally ill. All of these brings me to think that Slim would protect Lennie if he were to get in trouble. I.E: with Curley.

Comments

  1. I agree Kavin. I think its also noteworthy to notice that George is going out of his way to put in a good word for Lennie such as "but you get used to goin' around with a guy an' you cant get rid of him" (40). I think the George is purposefully trying to set up a friendship between these two guys, maybe because he wants Lennie to have the support of an other person, other perhaps for some other reason we don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment