why Does Curly want to fight Lennie
One of the things that stood out to me was when Curly wanted to fight Lennie. In the book candy says, "Curley like a lot of little guys. he hate big guy" (24). I think that he doesn't like Lennie because since Curley hate big guys he might have been beaten by one and tries to beat Lennie to show that he is the strongest or maybe because Curley is insecure that he can be beat by Lennie
Why do you think Curley wants to fight Lennie
Hey Devyn, I thought that your idea was really good. I think Curley wants to fight Lennie because he wants more respect. As a little guy he doesn't get much respect and as you said he knows that big guys get respect so he is probably a little jealous. He also has a reputation to keep up, he is the bosses son and he has a wife. Curley needs to look strong and fearless to show that he is a good spouse. Since Lennie is vulnerable it makes Curley's job easy and quick.
ReplyDeleteDevyn I agree with you, and think that curly is picking on lennie because he wants seem stronger to the other guys on the ranch. I think he also wants to seem like the boss of lennie and let him think that he is not as important as him. curley also needs to seem tough because he is the owner of the farms son and he has a wife.
ReplyDelete