Who or what seems to be the source of tension in Of Mice and Men?
Curley vs. Lennie
In part 2 of the book Of Mice and Men, we meet many new characters such as Slim, Curley, and Candy, but throughout all of those characters, I believe Curley seemed to be the main source of tension. This is because he seemed to have a problem with Lennie. George even asked Lennie if he could "try to keep away from [Curley], will you?" (29) Lennie didn't do anything to him, and Curley treated Lennie as if he did something to him. When digging dipper into the situation, I study the actions of Curley, his wife, and Lennie. I may believe that Curley thinks his wife has the "eye" on Lennie. The old man even states that "she got the eye." (28)When Curley's wife walked into the bunkhouse, she seemed to purposely be tempting Lennie with her gorgeous looks. This may show that Curley's wife likes Lennie. Since George knows that Curley and his wife could be some trouble, he tells him to not "look at that b***. [George] don't care what she does and what she says. [He] seen 'em poison before." (32) This is why I believe that Curley is at the center of the tension in Of Mice and Men.
Why do you think is the source of tension in Of Mice and Men? Why?
Why do you think is the source of tension in Of Mice and Men? Why?
I am also doing my blog post about Lennie and Curley, and find your statements very interesting and different, in a good way. I really like your idea of that Curley doesn't like Lennie because Curley's wife might be into Lennie. I like this because I would have never thought of the idea of Curley's wife being into Lennie. I also liked how you used quotes and evidence from the book to support your statement. Answering your question, I think that Curley doesn't like Lennie because he was jealous that he was tall, and strong. I also thought that Curley didnt like Lennie because Curley thought he was the boss, and was taking advantage of Lennie's mental disability.
ReplyDeleteI believe that curly i the source of all the tension. I also bevel that Curly's wife is giving Lennie the Look. Or maybe not, Curly seems to be a very cocky guy and he seems to not like anyone who looks nice or has a good personality. So I think Curly is seeking unnecessary trouble. I also believe that Curly is jealous of Lennie because he is much taller and stronger than him and he thinks that the wife might cheat on him. So I think that Curly is suspicions of Lennie because he never speaks. So Curly is going to take advantage of this and he is going to make him speak in front of his wife so that his wife knows that he has mental disabilities.
ReplyDelete