Does George hate Lennie?
As I have been reading I've realized that George doesn't really like Lennie. Does he hate Lennie or does he like having him around? Lennie is really dumb and George seems to know that. Lennie also gets in trouble and george has to save him. These things make me the that George hates Lennie but needs him around. George even says that "if I was a relative of yours I'd shoot myself" (24). This clearly shows us that they aren't relatives and that George has some type of resentment towards Lennie.
Kavin, I enjoy your blog, but have two things to say about it. First, you have a few grammar mistakes in the paragraph. Second, does George really not like Lennie or is he just short tempered? As we have seen already a couple of times he gets furious, but always ends up coming back to him. As you said George realizes Lennie has a mental disability and he can't always blame him for his mistakes. I think they have a bond like two siblings do, you can get so mad or annoyed with each other, but end up forgiving each other. Or how you may say something to a friend out of anger, but not mean it. I really liked your blog, but believe that Lennie and George have an unbreakable bond, and that George is just short tempered.
ReplyDelete